Postdoc Award - Call for Applications 2017
The Brandenburg Ministry of Sciences, Research and Cultural Affairs hereby announces the Call for Applications for the 2017 Brandenburg Postdoc Award.
The Call for Applications concerns two awards which are endowed with a prize sum of 20,000 € each:
- Award for outstanding research in the area of the humanities and social sciences,
- Award for outstanding research in the area of natural and engineering sciences.
These awards aim at valuing the outstanding scientific work of postdoctoral young researchers. Dissertations are not eligible for application. Eligible scientific work includes e.g. scientific publications in the form of books or essays in recognized, eventually international scientific magazines, patent applications or research projects financed by third-party funds in which verifiable results have already been achieved. In case that the scientific work results from cooper-ation within a group of researchers, the individual merit of the applicant has to be clearly identifiable. The scientific work must have been completed within the State of Brandenburg after the 1st of June, 2016. The reference date for completion is in case of publications the date of acceptance for publication. For habilitation treatise the reference date is the finalization of the evaluation process.
Postdoctoral researchers who have obtained their Ph.D. no longer than 5 years ago can apply for the awards. The reference date, measured from the day of the oral Ph.D. examination, is the Call for Applications deadline. Additionally, universities and non-university research institutions in the State of Brandenburg are entitled to propose candidates. Each institution may provide several propositions.
Applicants have to provide the following documents in duplicate:
- the scientific work that the application is based on,
- a short, significant appreciation by a professor from a related field of research,
- a short, generally understandable abstract of the scientific work with an explanatory statement on why the application for the Brandenburg Postdoc Award is based on this work (no more than 3 pages),
- a list of publications in which the 3 most important publications are specially marked,
- proof of the date of the oral Ph.D. examination,
- a CV in table form.
Applicants are requested to hand in their application documents additionally in form of a pdf-file by Email or on CD-ROM.
All applications that arrive at the Ministry of Sciences, Research and Cultural Affairs until May 31st, 2017 (deadline), will be considered. The formless applications including the abovementioned documents must be sent to the following address:
Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kultur
des Landes Brandenburg
The selection of the award winners will be made by a scientific jury chaired by Prof. Dr. Günter Stock (Chairman of the Einstein Founfation Berlin) after pre-evaluation by members of the Berlin-Brandenburg-Academy of Sciences.